martes, 21 de febrero de 2017

Lesson 2, Task 1: Student's needs

Subject: English Language
Aim: Present Simple tense of regular/irregular verbs (affirmative, negative and interrogative)

Academic English

  • Vocabulary:
    • Routines (wake up, get up, have breakfast, have a shower...)
    • Expressing frequency: always, never, usually...)
    • Parts of the day: in the morning, in the evening, at night...)
    • Times: six o'clock, half past ten, quarter past three...)
  • Warm-up activity: Ask students what they do every day: students say their answers and the teacher writes them on the board.
  • What to highlight:
    • Underline the verbs
    • Mind word order
    • Mind where to place the adverbs of frequency
    • Elicit that we use present simple to talk about things that are generally true, habits or routines, likes and dislikes.
English for specific purposes

  1. Students work in groups of three
    • Student A: I get up at seven o'clock
    • Student B: Sam gets up at seven o'clock
    • Student C: I don't get  up at 7 o'clock. I get up at quarter past 7.
  2. Questions:
    • A: What time do you get up?
    • B: I get up at 7 o'clock. How do you go to school?
    • C: I ride my bike to school.
    • A: What time does Jack get up?
    • B: ...
  3. Presentation: the student writes a brief entry of his/her typical Saturday.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario